Not only Winter months are the best season to program surgical interventions: since January we have had our surgical agendas completely filled with the most demanded and popular eyelid surgery, or BLEPHAROPLASTY.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty is a surgical technique, generally ambulatory, that gives a solution to eyelid problems as in bags under the eye or excessive skin on the upper eyelid.
How do I know if I need eyelid surgery?
First symptoms of facial aging is demonstrated in the eyelids: the lowering of the outer end of eyebrow and the upper lids, the bags under the eyes, first sign of wrinkles in the periorbital area, and the more common wrinkles of expression. All these symptoms make our facial expression look sad and tired. Many times women while applying eye makeup notice the folds in the upper eyelid making it difficult to apply the makeup. The bags under the eye are most common in men.
What type of blepharoplasty surgery exists?
- – BLEPHAROPLASTY OF SUPERIOR EYELIDS The procedure consists of eliminating the excess skin and restoring the orbicular muscle. If bags exist, they can be removed simultaneously.
- – BLEPHAROPLASTY OF THE INFERIOR EYELIDS This is specially related to under the eye bags. These bags are found in 3 compartments (halfway, middle and external). For the removal, there are two avenues VIA EXTERNAL which is when an incision is done beneath the lashes allowing to eliminate bags as well as tensing the skin. VIA TRANSCONJUNCTIVAL, in this case the intervention is done through the interior of the eyelid without any external incisions, but this does not allow to act upon the skin
- – COMPLETE BLEPHAROPLASTY ( SUPERIOR AND INFERIOR EYELIDS) Both areas are treated at the same time eliminating the excess skin of the superior eyelid and well as the bags in the inferior eyelid.
What is the best age to have eyelid surgery?
Although the main reason to have this surgery is for aesthetics, it is generally related to having those first signs of aging. If giving an age, the norm of patient interventions is between 35 to 45 years of age. This is also due to the fact that genetics influences the development of tissues in each individual patient. Younger patients are now showing the excess skin in the eyelid area as well as the bags under the eyes and state that they have always had that look and attribute it as being similar to their mother, sister, etc. In the case of patients over 60, blepharoplasty is not only a question of aesthetic: if the upper eyelid has excess skin, this could affect their vision intensely, provoking headaches, dizziness, etc.
What type of anesthesia is used for blepharoplasty?
Generally, being an ambulatory surgery ( without the need to stay in clinic for more than just a few hours) local anesthesia with sedation is applied. In only a few cases when the patients health requires it, the intervention will be done with general anesthesia in the hospital.
What is the length of time for recovery?
Recovery is based on each individual patient, age and general health. It also varies depending on the type of Blepharoplasty surgery performed. Generally, the first few days there will be some swelling and bruising including some tearing being that there will be some difficulty in eyelid motility. Sutures will be removed within approximately 4 to 5 days. At this moment the patient can begin his or her normal routine. Patients can begin applying makeup 7 to 10 days after surgery.
At the beginning the scar will be visible as fine red lines, they will practically disappear within a few months.
What is the cost of blepharoplasty surgery?
*Price varies depending of the type of surgery. Currently at Clinic Dr. Campos eyelid surgery is at a more economical price than usual. This promotion is valid until the end of September 2018 and it’s subject to medical diagnosis:
- – Blepharoplasty Superior lid: 1495€ ( normally 2000€)
- – Blepharoplasty Inferior lid (External) 1895€ ( normally 2500€)
- – Blepharoplasty Complete ( upper and lower) 2495€ ( normally 3200€)
Why choose Clinic Dr. Campos for my Blepharoplasty surgery?
Main reason is that our medical staff has treated over 15000 patients during a 30 year course. All surgeons count with the title and necessary and demonstrated experience in this type of surgical intervention. To guarantee a better result, our surgery theaters consists of the best and latest materials and instruments available.
If the patient is from out of the country, our clinical staff who are fluent in Spanish, English, Russian, French and German can make you feel comfortable at all times and can answer any doubts you many have regarding surgery. If you desire, we can help with all the administrative processes, transportation, and /or housing in Marbella, so that your stay is safe and the most pleasant possible.
If you desire more information or solicit an appointment with one of our doctors, contact Clinic Dr. Campos
We remind you that the first informative and diagnostic consultation is without cost or obligation.