It is a matter of health to maintain good dental hygiene. Therefore, it is important to do so. Healthy teeth not only give you a beautiful smile, but also allow you to speak and eat properly. Discomfort and illnesses will be avoided and we will contribute to our general well-being.
To find out if your teeth or gums are healthy we recommend that you:
- See if your teeth are clean
Your gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed
- Your teeth don’t move or are spaced apart
- Bad breath is not a constant problem
To maintain good hygiene, you should brush your teeth after every meal: in the morning, after lunch, and at night. For greater efficiency and order, mentally divide your mouth into 4 zones: upper right, upper left, lower right and lower left. You have to dedicate 30 seconds to each of the areas, it would be a total of 2 minutes.
If the results are not as expected, we advise you to use a plaque detector, it will help you locate the areas you left unbrushed.
In addition, it is important that you clean your tongue and cheeks with your own toothbrush, large amounts of bacteria and debris also accumulate. To have a more correct hygiene you can use complements such as dental floss, mouthwash and interdental brush. If you also wear fixed prostheses or an orthodontic appliance, it will be very convenient for you to use an oral irrigator, it will help you eliminate a large amount of food remains.
o brush you need:
- Toothbrush: Manual or electric. With soft bristles and rounded filaments. Change your brush when convenient.
- Toothpaste : Choose the one that is most pleasant for you but make sure it contains fluoride. This substance has been shown to prevent the formation of cavities.
- Floss : Clean the interdental spaces daily. One of the best ways to do this is to floss. If this is not done, you will leave up to 40% of the surface of the teeth unclean.
- Mouth rinse: It is responsible for penetrating the cell walls of the bacteria in the mouth and inhibits the action of enzymes. Thus, the bacterial plaque is reduced, and since its use is after brushing, it acts as a complement, penetrating the liquid through places where the bristles of the brush cannot access.
If you still have doubts, in our dental clinic the hygienists will teach you brushing techniques, they will carry out a control and they will indicate a guideline according to your needs. You will achieve better dental hygiene!